Dylan AKA Superman

 This has been one sad and devastating year.

This year was already going bad because of the COVID19 virus. The world seemed different somehow. I woke up on April 24, 2020 and learned that my nephew passed away. 

My Aunt called me and asked if I had seen the post. I was like what post? I just woke up when you called. She said, the post online, is it true? I said, I don't know which post you are talking about. She was afraid to say what was on that post. So that is how I learned my precious nephew passed away that morning. That was one of the worst mornings in my life. I was so devastated I did not know what to do or say. 

All I could think about was my sister. My beautiful sister and her husband lost their baby boy. I couldn't stop crying. I cried for weeks. I'm still crying today. Crying for my sister and the pain she is feeling inside. 

I kept calling my sister and her husband but there was no answer. My phone rang and it was a counselor asking me if I could get to my sister's house quickly because my sister was on her way there and the counselor wanted me to be there when my sister arrived home from the hospital. So I asked my husband to drive me over there and when we got there my niece and nephew Destiny and Dacota answered the door. I didn't know what to say or do. I hugged them tightly. I wish I could have taken their pain away. They lost their brother that day. Dylan meant the world to them. We sat there in silence and tears and waited for my sister and her husband to get there.

I will never forget the loud scream that came from my sister as she came through the door. It was so heart breaking. Dylan was her life, her baby boy, her everything. I wish I could have taken the pain away she was and is feeling inside. I love you my sweet beautiful sister and if you are reading this please know that I am here for you.

Dylan was only 17 years old when he was taken from his family who love him with all their hearts and souls. Dylan was and is a very special young man to many people. He had a chromosome disorder called IDIC15. He had a triplicate of chromosome 15. The disorder caused sweet Dylan many problems in his short life. One of the biggest problems was the seizures he had daily. He suffered so much from those horrible seizures. He went through a lot in his short life.

His family called him Superman because he was such a strong and beautiful person. He was always smiling and he gave the best high fives ever! His smile always lit up the entire room. When he was younger before the seizures started he could sing and he would sing for hours. His voice was like what I picture hearing when the angels sing. My mother would sing to him and he would sing right along with her. He knew many many songs. He had such a brilliant mind. Not long after the seizures started he was unable to sing anymore. I wish the seizures would have never  started. The seizures robbed him of many things in his life.

My sister and her family were more than Dylan's family they were also his caretakers. He was their life. Their child. Their brother. Their everything. They were a close family. They are all strong. Dylan taught them a lot. If you are one of the chosen ones that has a child with special needs enjoy it because you were chosen to be their parent. They are very special little souls that can teach you a lot. A lot about love and strength. So please give them a happy healthy life.

It has been over 4 months since you left for a pain free place in the arms of GOD in heaven where you are singing, running, and enjoying yourself. Dylan AKA Superman you are loved and missed everyday. There isn't a day that goes by that you are not missed and remembered. Your Mom, Dad, brothers, sister, grandmothers, aunts and uncles love and miss you so much. They are having a very hard time with you being gone so please watch over them and let them know you are near; especially your mom and dad.

SUDEP is what took Dylan away from his family. SUDEP stands for Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy. Please help bring awareness to this awful part of having epilepsy. LOOK it up. READ about it. SHARE what it is so maybe you can help save the life of someone with epilepsy. 

I love my sister and her family so very much. If you are reading this please say a prayer for them! They are all grieving and they need all the love and support they can get right now. 

This is Dylan's Web page if you'd like to visit it and learn more about this sweet precious young man and his family. Click HERE to check it out.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil

The Oogieloves GIVEAWAY

Van's Waffle Review and Giveaway